- 6:30 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Carbuncle Beach House
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Joel P. Masley, Chair
- Eric Lambert, Vice Chairman
- Jody John Anderson, Member
- Gregory G. Gray, Member
- Wayne Alfred McFarland, Member
- Kerry A. Russell, Member
- Brenda Ennis, Recording Clerk
The Recreation Commission is responsible for the development of Town recreation programs except for the programs under the supervision of the school department. The Commission works with the Oxford DPW in planning maintenance of the various fields assigned to them by the Board of Selectmen. The Commission is currently working on the development and implementation of a Master Plan for improvements to the Ruel fields beginning with a new access off Main Street.
Town recreation property is available for use through the Commission. Applications for Use of Recreational Areas can be picked up and dropped off at the Oxford Community Center. In the recent past, organizations such as Men's Softball, Girls' Softball, Youth Soccer, Peewee Soccer, Men's Soccer, Little League, and Co-ed Softball have used the fields for their programs.
Adopted October 26, 2010
The Town of Oxford Recreation Commission strives to:
- Set policy and guidelines for the use of recreational facilities for the Town in conjunction with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provide safe, maintained and attractive facilities and open spaces.
- Foster partnerships with all community sports organizations.
- Foster understanding in the importance of offering diversified community recreational pursuits.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Board of Selectmen/Town Manager on recreational matters.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing five-year Capital Budget Plan.
- Provide direction to the Department of Public Works in maintenance requests.
- Provide guidance to the Director of Community Programs in designing, creating and implementing new programs for the community and Community Center.
Oxford Recreation Commission is seeking a volunteer member to join the team!
Please contact the Town Manager's Office for an application - if you have any questions please email Brenda A.Ennis.